Tasty, healthy plan-based recipe idea’s that are delicious and great for the mind, body & soul.
Potato & Lentil Curry
A simple, delicious & nutricious recipe…
How to Make:
- Cook onions until tender, then add spices, lentils, potatoes, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce (optional), and spinach. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a rice of your choice.
Why Plant Based?
A healthy plant-based diet rich in vegetables, fruits, whole-grains, legumes, herbs & spices offers the body all the nutrition it needs.
It is better for the environment and can improve your overall heath and a number of health-related conditions.
What do I buy when shopping?
Many people struggle with what to buy when considering a whole foods, plant-based diet but there are a host of options.
Here is a sample shopping list which may give you some ideas:
- Fruits: Berries, citrus fruits, pears, peaches, pineapple, bananas, etc.
- Vegetables: Kale, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, peppers, etc.
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, etc.
- Whole grains: Brown rice, rolled oats, farro, quinoa, brown rice pasta, barley, etc.
- Healthy fats: Avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, unsweetened coconut, etc.
- Legumes: Peas, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, black beans, etc.
- Seeds, nuts and nut butters: Almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, natural peanut butter, tahini, etc.
- Unsweetened plant-based milks: Coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, etc.
- Spices, herbs and seasonings: Basil, rosemary, turmeric, curry, black pepper, salt, etc.
- Condiments: Salsa, mustard, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.
- Plant-based protein: Tofu, tempeh, plant-based protein sources or powders with no added sugar or artificial ingredients.
- Beverages: Herbal tea, spring water, smoothies, etc.